Greener Partners seeks qualified candidates to grow our team with creative, hardworking and motivated individuals who are committed to Greener Partners’ mission and programming. Greener Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a progressive work environment for employees.
Greener Partners (GP) seeks a full-time Marketing Communications Manager to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Marketing Communications Manager will develop and execute our annual communications plan to increase brand awareness and ensure our mission is clearly communicated by providing compelling content for our website, social media and emails. The Marketing Communications Manager will also serve as the lead on public relations activities and play an important role in supporting the Executive Director and Development Director in donor communications, newsletter, annual report, gala communications and special events. He or she will also be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans to increase earned revenue through Greener Partners school- and community-based programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for Greener Partners’ mission and have a deep knowledge of local food system issues. There is opportunity for growth in this position for the successful candidate.
Branding & Communications Strategy
- Collaborate with GP leadership team and Board Communications Committee to create a cohesive brand identity across GP farm sites, projects and programs that reflects the scope of our work and clearly communicates our mission and vision
- Collaborate with ED, program directors and Board Communications Committee to develop and execute strategic Communications Strategy to advance and broaden awareness of GP’s work and mission and increase GP’s visibility
Cross-channel Communications Development & Management
- Collaborate with ED and program directors to create and execute a robust social media plan and email plan and provide inspiring, relevant and timely content
- Collaborate with ED and Development Director to develop donor materials, newsletter and annual report content, as well as annual gala communications
- Assist ED, Development Director and program staff in writing and editing program and project descriptions, website content, print articles, etc.
- Develop measurable outcomes to track effectiveness of online and print communications
- Assist program directors in creating and implementing a robust and flexible collateral development plan that supports donor cultivation and programmatic initiatives of GP
Marketing & Outreach
- Manage day-to-day marketing and outreach activities with schools and school districts
- Build relationships with key decision makers at schools including personal visits, phone calls and group presentations
- Execute marketing goals
- Collaborate with Development Director and board Communications Committee to develop and coordinate all local and regional publicity efforts
- Write press releases and media for GP projects, special events and programs
- Serve as Communications liaison with GP’s numerous project partners to support feature stories, media coverage and events with partners
- Collaborate with GP leadership team and Board Communications Committee to develop and implement a dynamic and engaging yearly calendar of events for all GP sites informed by the goals and priorities identified in the Communications Plan. This will include, but is not limited to: large public events, workshops, collaborative events with strategic partners, fundraisers and donor cultivation events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a Communications-related field
- Experience working with nonprofits strongly preferred
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell an organization’s mission in a compelling and relevant way
- Experience doing communications with and about diverse audiences and populations
- Strong understanding of graphic design, with proficiency in desktop publishing programs: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn the WordPress platform
- Ability to run successful social media campaigns
- Pro-active approach and flexibility extremely important
- Able to work independently and as part of a highly-collaborative team
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
Greener Partners’ mission is to improve community health through food, farms and education. Since 2008, Greener Partners has partnered with schools, hospitals and community organizations to farm and provide innovative education programs designed to empower people to be active stakeholders in the local food system and to strengthen access to nourishing food. Our mobile farm and food education program, Farm Explorer, gives children and families a direct experience with where their food comes from. Our SOL (Sustainable, Organic, Local) Food Leader program is an entry-level work opportunity for high school aged youth, which uses urban gardening, cooking, and entrepreneurship as vehicles to develop leadership skills. Last year, our food security initiatives and programs on wellness and nutrition positively impacted more than 10,000 children and families from the five-county Philadelphia region.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $36,000. Please send resume and cover letter via email to Meg MacCurtin.
Greener Partners seeks a full-time educator based in Philadelphia to co-lead its innovative farm-to-school program, the Farm Explorer, and to develop new programs and partnerships around growing food, food education, and food access.
The Farm Explorer is a farm-to-school program that connects young people to the science and agriculture behind growing food, sparking interest in harvesting, cooking, and trying vegetables, fruits, and herbs. The Farm Explorer Truck brings a farm field trip experience directly to schools (as well as community sites, camps, and events). It opens up and surrounds visitors with an on-site, edible, seasonal, outdoor education space, with hands-on activities in ecology and biology, plus nutrition and healthy eating. In the winter months, Farm Explorer Classroom moves indoors, supporting STEM education both in-school and out-of-school. Farm Explorer Consulting works with schools and community groups interested in growing their own food for education and/or distribution, including training and technical assistance on garden curricula, garden design and installation, crop planning, and garden maintenance.
Greener Partners’ mission is to improve community health through food, farms, and education. Since 2008, Greener Partners has partnered with schools, hospitals, and community organizations to farm organically and provide innovative education programs. Last year, our food security initiatives and programs on farming, food education, and nutrition had an impact on more than 10,000 children and families from the five-county Philadelphia region.
- Lead educational programming for a range of ages and diverse groups, at outdoor and indoor settings, in-school and out-of-school
- Collaborate on development of lessons that support STEM and nutrition education for young people pre-K through high school
- Grow a variety of vegetables, fruits, and herbs for the Farm Explorer container garden, including crop planning, seed starting and maintaining a robust succession of plants for 3 seasons
- Collaborate with schools and community groups on all aspects of garden development and maintenance
- Build and maintain partnerships with schools and community groups and positive relationships with key external partners
- Collaborate with 2 other Farm Explorer Educators on program coordination
- Work closely with Farmer/Educator team, including Education Director and Agriculture Director
- Drive the Farm ExplorerTM vehicles to programming sites throughout the Philadelphia region; maintain vehicles in clean, good working order
- Assist with scheduling Farm Explorer visits, conducting outreach to schools, and following up on leads
- Assist with development and implementation of systems to track program metrics, booking processes, curriculum development, crop-to-curriculum coherence, report generation, etc.
- Assist with coordination of program evaluations
- Assist with recipe testing and development
- Assist with implementation of social media plan, in collaboration with other GP staff
- Assist with other Greener Partners’ programming (including occasional weekend work)
Problem solver with a can-do attitude who deals with challenges on the truck, in growing spaces, or in a classroom
Experienced farmer/community gardener raising a large variety of crops Several years leading experiential educational programming for various age groups, including lesson planning and innovative classroom management Excellent, creative seasonal cook
- Positive and flexible in handling challenging situations or uncertainty
- Enjoy driving and clean driving record (Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or experience driving large vehicles a plus)
- Experience managing multiple projects successfully
- Knowledge of excel, data management programs, fluency with social media
- Well-organized and able to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong public speaker
- Likes working in a variety of settings each week
- Ability to work independently AND ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- Up-to date FBI, PA Criminal, and PA Child Abuse clearances (or ability to obtain)
- Experience with community organizing and/or urban school districts
- Experience with high schoolers a plus
- Spanish or another foreign language a plus
- Commitment to Greener Partners’ mission
This is a full-time, salaried position with medical benefits and generous paid time off. Salary starts at 33K, commensurate with experience. We encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, religious minorities, recent immigrants, differently abled and applicants from all generational, economic, and educational backgrounds to apply. Please send resume and cover letter to Helen Nadel, Education Director.